Carfting, Materials & Recipes
Hi there! I wanna suggest you a new crafting system!
- Crafting requires materials and recipes
- Some crafting recipes requires crafting stations like: crafting table, anvil, oven, and so on...
- Crafting of rare items can fail and needs lot of materials
- You can get items from crafting you can't buy from shop easily like new furniture
- There are simple materials available in wilderness like: Different ores, wood, stone, leather (Some can be collected and some are drops of mobs)
- The materials simply spawn like the coins earlier
- You collect them by defeating them like a mob
- There are also rare materials like gems or special wood
- Recipes can be learnt with formulas you'll find in shop (some for gold and some for plat) or dropping from monsters or maybe just lying around in wilderness
- After you've learnt one, the formula will disappear (cause you've eaten it)
- You can now craft that item as often as you want (just need the materials for it :P)
Hope it fits nicely here :)
no I don't think its a bad idea but I think its just similar to games like minecraft and terraria and the fact is I don't really like those games. but all in all it is a good idea for a item craft system.
Saska Kolehmainen commented
Cool! Maybe you could only go underground if you have the appropriate tools like shovel, pickaxe, axe... And then you could hold SHIFT to pick up the block/ore in front and one level under you.
Also, basically, there's pretty much no way you can make TOTALLY new crafting system. Most types of systems are already used in various games... Anyway, very cool idea! +1 vote!
Well... No.... The recipe system got nothing to do with the system in minecraft where you have to place your material in grids. It just means... You have formulas like cooking recipes, which you can learn. Its not like you have to hack yourself through stone until you find some coal (-_-). You can farm those materials in wilderness and if you have enough materials and a fitting recipe learnt you can learn it. I think every crafting system uses such elements. Please stop compare any crafting systems always only to minecraft. Its sure annoying -_- I watched out that it fits in this game. When its similar to other systems maybe, is it a bad idea??
This item craft system does seem to be very similar to the one in minecraft
JM Swizzy commented
This is a great idea, which is the reason why I support it :3
You should vote for this because adding Crafting in the game could make branches to "NEW IDEAS" and features to the game.
Well many games need crafting systems. At the moment much people like the game at first but kater they leave cause they have no real targets. They farm money at zoo, get some blocks, build and this again and again. This system will hold some new users in the game. And with the recipe system not everyone can craft anything!
Maybe and addition:
All items in the shop (beside plat items and things like clothes or the homestone) cant be buyed anymore. They have to be crafted instead, so people have to trade this blocks. So new players also have chances to trade a bit and a new game aspect is born!
You also could make those recipes dynamic so people can create slightly different products. So some people might buy it from others cause the blocks of other people look nicer :) Every would get his own chance then. You could also limit the amount of recipes you can learn so nobody can craft everything!
This is not what the game is about. Im not just saying this because minecraft has a crafting system. 8 bit is about building cities and houses. Not survivng. The fact that it is mmo changes nothing. If it were an rpg then yes definitely but is not an rpg, just mmo. what does mmo mean? Massively Mustiplayer Online. This does not include anything about crafting. If it were an MMOPRG than it would be a different story but it is just online. We do not want crafting in the game.
Average Ninja commented
I voted 6 times yay XD
I'd love to vote, but I'm out of votes. Sorry :P
I VOTE YUP!!!
There are many crafting ideas for 8BITMMO, but this one will actually fit in, and work without changing the whole game. Vote for this and your are voting for epicness. GIVE ME EPIC OR GIVE ME DEATH! (Or however that goes) :P