Skip to content

General

FanArt: ALinkToTheFuture

Welcome to the 8BitMMO Suggestion Box!

For best results, please keep it one idea per post :)

Do not try to manipulate the voting system by creating fake accounts — you will get banned.

Thanks for your ideas!

----

As I'm no longer updating the game, I've set this ideas forum to not be able to receive new ideas.  Thanks for your many ideas and suggestions over the years, and hope to see you again on future projects :)

General

Categories

134 results found

1. What about an option that gives you a possibility to remove all connected blocks back to your inventory. This way we can easily change to the new wanted construction location and start building there with the old blocks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Make a mine, so we don't have to BUY our bricks, make it so we can make em, it wouldnt be that hard

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. You should add in items such as a trap door, transportation, and party blocks to start with. I think the most important thing to add in is leveling up, so that people can have more than 3 maximum health and fight stronger foes. You should also add in more quests that require going into certain dungeons, I had an idea for the first one which has beetle foes. The dungeon would look very old and have moss, vines, cobweb, and cracked stone everywhere, the first enemies I thought of would be called baby beetles and would be weak and able…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Owner buys city stone. Stone gives owner a plot of land X by X and is divided evenly into smaller plots of X by X. The owner may then add players to the city by granting them citizenship and one or more of those plots. The player may then build only in his/her plot within the city. Citizens may not take any materials that do not belong to them. However The owner of the city at any time may decide to remove materials from anywhere in his/her city and those materials go back to the owners inventory. If the owner…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. some contests for players to submit their own blocks so you hav more time for other parts of the game and can still ad more kind of blocks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Possible. User submitted in-game content is tricky with the US legal system, but if I can figure out the right forms, I do love the idea of player blocks.

6. You could add a singleplayer mode where you can do quests,freeroam,fight,build etc.. Plus it could have a campain mode in it!
    The reason why I would suggest a single player mode is because some players mess up the worlds in multiplayer and build pointless (not all) creations.^_^

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not only would it be nice to have private messaging but also specifically a mailbox. It could just sit in a post office in Origin and when you log in the game lets you know you have messages waiting. This feature would make it easier to communicate with players who may not be on at a certain time but may be your building neighbors. This would also help Sim9 communicate with players and possibly help associate activity for deletion of long standing objects. An auto message can be sent every so long of inactivity and if a reply is not…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Because the GUI is somewhat horrible; there's off-lines, not aligned rectangles etc..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lots would be areas of land that you buy that you can build in, whether its baby size or king size, or any other creative size you can come up with. The bigger the lot size, the more money it costs. Lots would be personal, unless you make ti public. If its public, people could join either by saying something like /join lot [lot name] or maybe like this big lobby list of a bunch of lots. This would prevent people from randomly building and making the Deep Wilderness look sloppy. Developer, don't ask people to not do something, because…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a Vehicle! We have Roads that we walk on, why not invent the wheel and the steam engine, the railroad, etc etc?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. When a Teleporter's destination is taken offline, I would suggest a code to change it from 'yellow with blue' to 'yellow with red', as another indication that it is unusable

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Now that we can pay with Game Stop cards a lot of players are probably going to start "Supporting" the game. Some of these players (wink, wink) Have already BUILT their town in anticipation of the town stone. However, unless there is a way to see what ground you will assimilate when you place the stone or when you buy expansions then all that hard work is flushed down the toilet. So, if you could find a way to make the ground become highlighted (all the blocks within the radius turn a different color, the blocks become enveloped…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The game is so jittery and lagged. I have to hit cats 10 times before they die and often they run around me for a few seconds before dying. Fix this please!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add carpet blocks with both the top and bottom line and the right and left line. Also carpet with the corner dots in opposite corners and combinations of the both top and both bottom and both right and both left dots. In smaller areas you have limited ability with the designs because you have to pick which lines and which dots you will have and which you won't without these blocks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow anyone to press a function key to screenshot the area you are currently in, it is then saved to a file with the region coordinates. Do this a bunch, and you can then stitch together a large image like the World Atlas series of blog posts.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For this idea essentially you would be able to click and drag around an area, pick which block and then the block you would like it to be. Should you come out with a material i like more for instance my Burial Chamber would be an unholy nightmare to swap out the blocks whereas with this feature I would simply click and drag and have all wood blocks swapped out with Obsidian? Bones? Solid Metal? (Provided that I have the needed materials and maybe the feature tells you how many half and full blocks of that type you need to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If you add this it would be nice to be able to be toggled so you can still tell where the tiles are instead of being moved only half tiles at a time. But, this would allow centering between even numbers of blocks. I had a few ideas for centering blocks symmetrically but this is only possible with uneven number of blocks which sometimes looks aesthetically unpleasing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Donation Bin would sit near the respawn area in Origin or possibly the market. This would be a place where you can throw any blocks you don't want and it would be up for grabs for anyone in the game. This way we could get rid of blocks we don't want in our inventory without having to just set them out in the wilderness or destroy them. Maybe the bin would only hold a certain amount of items and it removes them when at capacity based on value. Blocks will not be removed by a lower value block so…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good idea, and would help with database clutter. May need to make it a disposal chute instead to keep down on the total active objects in-game.

19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)